July 17, 2012

Inspired Interiors


Like a splash in the deep pool of American design a fresh spin on interiors gets people’s attention. It was a few years ago that I first saw the shimmer of a Suzanne Kasler room and it’s been a delight for me to watch her professional presence expand ever sense.  And from the images in her book and recently published projects I’ll admit to a bit of professional jealousy. For the scale of the homes in which she works is a designer’s dream; not to mention the classical architecture which provide such perfect backgrounds for her colorful, elegant work.



Of particular delight have been the times when our paths have crossed and I’ve had the pleasure of time spent with Ms. Kasler. What I’ve discovered is that, whether at a book signing for her Rizzoli published tome “Inspired Interiors”,



an industry event for her Hickory Chair furniture collection or the launch of her fabric collection for Lee Jofa Suzanne’s great wit and expansive knowledge have impressed me to no end.

When I last saw her, during the High Point Furniture Fair earlier this year,



her fresh take on modern living was on display in a series of Hickory Chair showrooms. Bold colors, dressmaker details and a unique mix of antique inspirations and modern sensibilities marked these galleries as unique; spinning a stylish cosmopolitan story that seemed popular to everyone who entered.



Suzanne’s hearty laugh could be heard echoing around these artfully crafted spaces. And between photographs, compliments and generous hugs I got to hear about all the great things happening to of one of my favorite designers working today. Suffice it so say we’ve only just begun to see the depth, range and reach of my talented friend; Suzanne Kasler.



Enjoy this look at some of her recent work and be certain to check out her website @ http://suzannekasler.com



3 comments:

  1. Very nice inspiration of interiors here. I would like to apply the last picture in my dining area!

    http://www.adileakdetection.co.uk/cornwall/camborne/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a glamorous and stunning interior part of the house, interior glass doors is the best door for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog! it is about CB2 Home Decor. Getting good inspirational of interior design ideas. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete